UCD Research Managers and Administrators Network (URMAN)
The purpose of our UCD network for Research Managers and Administrators is to deliver benefits to the University and the network members.
Members, and in particular new members, are welcome to meet with the URMAN Advisory Group for an informal coffee and chat at 11am on the first Wednesday of each month. Let us know if you would like to join us by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our objectives include:
- Improve recognition and identity for the profession of research administration and management
- Improve opportunities to share knowledge and best practice with a view to developing standardised processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Provide a “voice” to the groups in terms of lobbying and influencing UCD policies and practices as they pertain to research activities
- To identify common training and professional development requirements for the group and ensure delivery of same
- To provide a forum for engagement with outside parties for example funders, NCPs, IUA and EUA.
Self-Selection to the Network by eligible employees as follows-
- All personnel with a research manager or administrator role in UCD
- All personnel in Support Units providing services to Researchers