UCD Research Managers and Administrators Network (URMAN)
The purpose of our UCD network for Research Managers and Administrators is to:
- deliver benefits to the University
- and the network members
Our objectives include:
- Improve recognition and identity for the profession of research administration and management
- Improve opportunities to share knowledge and best practice with a view to developing standardised processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Provide a “voice” to the groups in terms of lobbying and influencing UCD policies and practices as they pertain to research activities
- To identify common training and professional development requirements for the group and ensure delivery of same
- To provide a forum for engagement with outside parties for example funders, NCPs, IUA and EUA.
Self-Selection to the Network by eligible employees as follows-
- All personnel with a research manager or administrator role in UCD
- All personnel in Support Units providing services to Researchers